We are looking for an individual to join our Engineering leadership organization and become part of a team of highly respected industry experts, contributing to some of the most interesting multimedia products for broadcast and production.
In this position, you are responsible for the technical implementation of the end-to-end solutions in consultation with product management. This includes coordination and cooperation with our teams in Europe and Asia. You will also help improve and maintain engineering and build processes, research new technologies and products and occasionally work with customers. You will actively promote development standards and drive adoption of innovation and technologies with the scrum and DevOps teams.
Required skills and experience:
- English as the primary language of communication, German or Russian are a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working in a software engineering organization as an engineer or engineering manager.
- Solid knowledge in object-oriented programming languages, especially C++, and scripting in Python.
- High social and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies is a must. Experience in continuous integration, version control systems, build automation and test tools.
- Active promoter of development standards.
- Code coverage and other tools to create robust and stable code.
- Experience with development using CMake, MS Visual Studio, Apple XCode or equivalent and Linux development. Android, iOS or general cross-platform a bonus.
- Experience with SIMD optimization beneficial.
- Desire and ability to work in a team.
- Professional initiative.
- Work directly with off-shore engineering teams including some overlap with the GMT and UTC+7 time zones.
- Occasional travel to other office locations.
This is an office position located in London, UK or Aachen, Germany. A remote work option is possible for the right candidate.
MainConcept is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please submit your complete application in English along with your salary requirements and availability by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your information, you consent to the storage of data for the purposes of determining your suitability for this and any future positions in the world, for MainConcept GmbH, and its subsidiaries. You agree to have your information stored in their personnel database in the U.S.
MainConcept is one of the leading providers of high-quality codec technology for the broadcast, film, consumer electronics, computer software, medical imaging and security markets worldwide. We are renowned for leveraging new technology and innovations to deliver optimized media solutions for various platforms including PCs, set-top boxes, portable media players and mobile phones.