MainConcept ShowCase frees developers from integrating MainConcept’s decoding components into their own development just for feature testing. The evaluation process can now start right away by downloading our player. MainConcept ShowCase is available free and has all MainConcept DirectShow filters already included. It is the perfect way to evaluate MainConcept DirectShow filters since the player includes the same filter versions as our renowned codec SDKs.
Decoder Pack MPEG-2
Decoder Pack AVC/H.264 Pro
Decoder Pack AVC/H.264 Broadcast
Decoder Pack DVCPRO HD
MainConcept ShowCase offers a simple test environment for you to playback videos in numerous formats and streams:
- Blu-ray Disc*
- Adobe Flash F4V streams
- AVC-Intra Class 50 and Class 100
- Sony XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, XDCAM DV and XDCAM IMX
- Panasonic P2 DVCPRO and AVC-Intra
- Sony PSP
- Apple iPod
- …many more
ShowCase allows users to install all demo decoders separately without the need to install the player itself. You simply select the Demo Decoder Pack you need, in order to test it using Windows Media Player. If you do not need ShowCase, simply do not select it, and it is not installed. This makes it more convenient to evaluate MainConcept Decoder Packs using media players other than ShowCase.
* If a DVD, Blu-ray or AVCHD file contains Dolby Digital (AC-3), audio cannot be played back and will be muted.
Have questions or want to learn more? Visit the MainConcept Forum.
MainConcept ShowCase is currently available for Windows only (32-bit/64-bit). Please note that the player is a demo version and adds video and audio watermarks to the decoded picture. The available codecs are:
- H.264 / AVC
- DV/DVCPRO 25/50/HD
- MPEG Audio
Supported Streams and Formats:
- MPEG-1 System Stream (ISO/IEC 11172-1)
- MPEG-2 Program Stream (ISO/IEC 13818-1)
- MPEG-2 Transport Stream (ISO/IEC 13818-1)
- MPEG-1 Video (ISO/IEC 11172-2)
- MPEG-1 Audio (ISO/IEC 11172-3)
- MPEG-2 Video (ISO/IEC 13818-2)
- MPEG-2 Audio (ISO/IEC 13818-3)
- H.264 video (ISO/IEC 14496-10) or H.264 packetized into Transport Stream (ISO/IEC 13818-1)
- DV Video Streams (IEC-61834)
- DVCPRO 25/50 Video Streams (SMPTE 314M)
- DVCPRO HD Video Streams (SMPTE 370M)
- Sony XDCAM HD, XDCAM DV (DVCAM) and XDCAM IMX MXF Streams
- Sony XDCAM EX Streams
- Panasonic P2 DVCPRO MXF Streams
- Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra Class 50 and Class 100 MXF Streams
Included DirectShow Filters:
- H.264/AVC Video Decoder filter
- MPEG-2 Video Decoder filter
- VC-1 Video Decoder filter
- VC-3 Video Decoder filter
- DV/DVCPRO 25/50/HD Video Decoder filter
- Motion JPEG Video Decoder filter
- MPEG Audio Decoder filter
- MP4 Demuxer filter
- MPEG Push Demultiplexer filter
- MPEG Pull Demultiplexer filter
- MXF Demultiplexer filter
- DV Splitter filter
- DV Dif Parser
- Network Source filter
Receivable streams & formats over a network:
- MPEG-1 System Stream
- MPEG-2 Transport Stream
- MPEG-2 Program Stream
- MPEG-1 Video
- MPEG-1 Audio
- MPEG-2 Video
- MPEG-2 Audio
- AVC/H.264 Video
If you like to evaluate the decoder filters, we recommend downloading our MainConcept ShowCase software player as 32-bit and 64-bit version. This application includes all decoders we offer as MainConcept Decoder Packs as demo versions. It only adds a watermark to the video during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds for some audio decoders.
Operating system: MainConcept ShowCase is currently available for Windows only (32-bit and 64-bit), using DirectShow filters.
Processor: For HDV playback, the recommended minimum requirements are an Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.06 GHz or faster with Hyper Threading Technology. For HD and AVCHD decoding, the recommended minimum requirements are an Intel® DualCore processor 2.4 GHz or faster.
We also recommend to always install the current Service Pack for the used operating system.
RAM: 2 GB or more