MainConcept is the leading provider of video codec technology, ranging in offerings from software development kits, transcoding applications and plugins serving professional video production, multimedia, broadcast, digital signage, medical, and security industries. Our engineering and development teams focus on creating encoding and decoding components for video and audio content, enabling us to provide best of breed solutions to our customers. In addition to outstanding products, our attention to detail and devotion to customer support and satisfaction is geared to not only meeting but exceeding the expectations of even the most demanding customers.
Working from MainConcept’s headquarters in Aachen, Germany, the Finance Manager will support the full array of financial priorities for the company’s European operations. In addition to working closely with the team in Aachen, they will interact with finance team members in the UK and US, and collaborate closely with the shared service center and other key business stakeholders.
Support the Financial Controller with a variety of month-end activities.
- Review and liaise with local accounting team.
- Create, review and post various revenue and expense accruals to the local General Ledger.
- Prepare the monthly reporting package including the TB for upload and detailed Opex and Capex reports used in month end reporting and variance analysis.
- Responsible for entering in monthly management adjustments from business units and running associated reporting.
- Support HR department by managing payroll processes, maintaining compliance with relevant regulations and providing assistance in payroll-related inquiries in Germany.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Monitor AP mailbox; code vendor invoices, chase approvals, respond to questions & resolve queries.
- Update and maintain AP tracker to make sure all required invoices are captured in a timely matter.
- Own and update weekly cashflow file to obtain payment approvals from senior management.
- Liaise with the Treasury team to ensure all payments are made on time.
- Support business with vendor on-boarding process and vendor detail changes.
- Submit invoices to clients and apply payments to the appropriate accounts.
- Support Finance Manager with client on-boarding process.
- Monitor AR mailbox and respond to questions & resolve queries.
- Circulate periodic client account statements.
- Perform credit control activities, which include monitoring the ageing of invoices, sending chasers, making telephone calls, and escalating to the Commercial team where required.
Tax and other Audits
- Liaise with external tax preparers for quarterly and year-end tax returns.
- Maintain electronic records of all tax details.
- Main point of contact for local audits.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Own the preparation and administration of the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting cycle.
- Build and maintain revenue and expense models to support monthly and quarterly variance analysis.
- Prepare the quarterly budget presentation to senior management.
- Own the monthly reporting and variance analysis process.
- Create and update a monthly P&L and Cash rolling forecast deliverable to senior management.
- Assist with the maintenance of the BPC Planning system and running BPC packages.
- Work closely with Consolidations and Financial Reporting teams to assist with our quarterly and annual public filings as necessary.
- Support ad hoc custom reporting and financial modeling to drive business efficiencies through the month-end close process and budget/forecast cycle.
- Deliver ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting.
- Significant experience in both accounting and FP&A including proficiency with German Tax accounting
- Degree in accounting or studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Experience with SAP and Netsuite highly desirable
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong track record in delivering to tight deadlines
- Solution orientated attitude and ‘can-do’ spirit
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, great follow-through, effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize, respond to pressure
- Ability to work in English and across multiple time zones
- Experience of DATEV software experience preferred
MainConcept is a leading provider of video codec technology, ranging in offerings from software development kits, transcoding applications and plugins serving professional video production, multimedia, broadcast, digital signage, medical, and security industries. Our engineering and development teams focus solely on creating encoding and decoding components for video and audio content, enabling us to provide best of breed solutions to our customers. In addition to outstanding products, our attention to detail and devotion to customer support and satisfaction is geared to not only meet but exceed the expectations of even the most demanding customers. MainConcept is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.