Apple ProRes is a well-established intermediate format used throughout the broadcast industry. Its high-resolution capabilities and wide chroma sampling support have made it the codec of choice of many facilities worldwide. ProRes is natively supported on Apple computers and used to be available on Windows PCs via QuickTime.
The MainConcept Decoder Pack ProRes for Windows® 64-bit platforms provides DirectShow filters for playing back Apple ProRes content embedded in QuickTime (MOV) as well as MXF (RDD-44) containers in the Windows Media Player or any DirectShow supporting application. In addition, the package allows Elementary Streams decoding for seamless integration and widest possible support of all flavors of Apple ProRes. The MainConcept Decoder Pack ProRes comes with the full set of audio decoders and demuxers for easy deployment.
- Software-only MPEG-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-2) and MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-2) stream decoding.
- High Profile @ High Level decoding – supports all MPEG-2 profiles/levels, excluding scalability extensions.
- Full-resolution, full-quality decoding/playback (high precision arithmetic, IEEE 1180-1190 compliant IDCT, half-pel motion compensation).
- Optimized for Hyper-Threading Technology, dual core and SMP systems.
- Optimized for the most efficient CPU usage – takes advantage of MMX™, SSE™, SSE2™, and 3DNow® extensions when available.
- Software deinterlacing.
- High definition video decoding.
- Optional double precision IDCT.
- ATSC Streams Decoding – supports 18 ATSC formats.
- High performance – supports real-time high resolution video decoding (720x480 @ 30fps for NTSC, 720x576 @ 25fps for PAL and bit rate up to 15 Mbps) on Pentium II 500 MHz with a DirectX compatible video card that supports YUV overlay.
- DXVA 1.0 and 2.0 Hardware Acceleration support.
- Visual quality improving (HQ Upsample).
- Closed Captions decoding.
- ProRes Video Decoder Filter
- MPEG Audio Decoder Filter
- MXF Demultiplexer Filter
- MP4 Demultiplexer Filter
- Audio Converter Filter
- Elementary Streams
Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10, 64-bit
Please Note: To play Apple ProRes streams in the Windows Media Player, you must explicitly use the 64-bit Windows Media Player (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe). Per default, Windows will only open the 32-bit version of the Media Player from “Program Files (x86)”, which cannot use 64-bit DirectShow filters.
Try before you buy!
The demo version of Decoder Pack ProRes is full functional. It only adds a watermark to the video during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds.