Senior Software Engineer, Video Codecs
We are looking for an individual to become part of a team of highly respected industry experts, contributing to some of the most interesting multimedia products for broadcast and production.
This individual will develop new software products designed to compress video data. You will invent and implement efficient algorithms that increase the quality and speed of video compression using modern software and hardware tools for video compression.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years C/C++ programming
- Cross-platform development experience
- Multimedia development experience
- Familiar with version control systems and automated build systems like Git/GitLab
- Programming in Assember (SIMDs)
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English required, multilingual a plus
- Programming in Python
- Experience working with distant and international teams
- Experience with bug tracking tools (Jira preferred)
- Ability to understand code structures and dependencies
- Experience with docker and virtualization
- Knowledge of cross-platform programming (Windows, Linux and MAC / Intel, ARM)
MainConcept is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please submit your complete application in English along with your salary requirements and availability by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your information, you consent to the storage of data for the purposes of determining your suitability
for this and any future positions in the world, for MainConcept GmbH, and its subsidiaries. You agree to have your
information stored in their personnel database in the U.S.
MainConcept is one of the leading providers of high-quality codec technology for the broadcast, film, consumer electronics, computer software, medical imaging and security markets worldwide. We are renowned for leveraging new technology and innovations to deliver optimized media solutions for various platforms including PCs, set-top boxes, portable media players and mobile phones.