Last Updated: May 24th, 2018
How We Collect Information
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- directly from you
- from our vendors and business partners
- from our platform customers
- from third-party sources
- automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our website and apps
Information We Collect
The information we collect through our services and sites may include:
- contact information
- demographic information
- other details you choose to provide when using our services
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to:
- provide services you may request
- operate our business
- analyze the use of and improve our products and services
- comply with laws, rules and our policies
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect:
- within our enterprise
- with our service providers and business partners
- with our platform customers
- with customers using our website and applications
- at your request or with your consent
- as required by laws, rules and our policies
- in connection with a merger, acquisition or another corporate transaction
If your country of residence is a member of the European Union (“EU”), NeuLion, Inc. is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
- How We Collect Information
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Our Legitimate Interests
- Employment Applications
- Your Rights and Choices
- Access to Personal Data
- Portability of Personal Data
- Deletion of Personal Data
- Cookies and Advertising
- Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
- International Data Transfers
- How We Protect Information
- Data Retention
- Contact Us
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal data from various sources, including:
- Directly from you, at your direction or with your consent
- From companies that use our products and services, including to host content
- From our vendors and business partners
- Automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our Sites
Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal data we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number
- Demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, and zip code
- Information about employment applicants’ work experience, education, salary, languages spoken, countries in which the applicant is authorized to work, and other information the applicant provide to us when applying for a job (including other self-identifying information, such as veteran and disability status, gender, and race/ethnicity, which we are required to request to comply with U.S. laws and regulations). Please note that the provision of self-identifying information is voluntary.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Respond to requests, questions and comments and provide customer support
- Tailor the content we display to Site users in our communications, and in connection with the use of our Sites
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our Sites, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services)
- Offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to customers
- Offer and administer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests
- Conduct market research
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails have been received and read)
- Generate anonymized data for further data analytics
- Process employment applications, as further described in the “Employment Applications” section below
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and manage risk exposure
- Enforce our contractual rights
- Comply with legal requirements applicable to information provided by NeuLion job applicants, such as work experience, education, salary, languages spoken, and other details an applicant may choose to provide to us when applying for a job under our policies
We may also aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Sites, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
How We Share Your Information
- We may share the information we collect with:
- Business partners
- Platform customers
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf or partners with whom we may collaborate, including:
- Customer service and support providers
- Partners with whom we jointly develop or offer products or services
- Advertising partners
- Survey and market research providers
- Analytics organizations
- Technology providers (including technology support, email and web hosting providers, emailand text communications providers, and mobile app developers)
We may also disclose personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend NeuLion’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and Site users or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
Our Legitimate Interests
We process your information given our legitimate interests in providing and improving our products and services. In addition, we process your information in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting the NeuLion platform, to measure the performance of our services, and to keep our products and services safe and secure for our users and customers. We may also process your information given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
If you apply for employment with NeuLion via our Sites or business partners, we will use the information you provide to process your application, to monitor recruitment statistics, and to comply with government reporting requirements. We retain de-identified statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities. NeuLion is headquartered in the United States and employee and recruitment data is held there and in other NeuLion locations worldwide. If an applicant becomes a NeuLion employee, NeuLion will maintain a record relating to that person’s employment (including information collected via the employment application) and provide additional information about our data practices in connection with employee data to the extent required by law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information.
Your Rights And Choices
You have certain rights and choices regarding NeuLion’s processing of your personal data. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal data to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data. We will apply these preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing consent to our use or disclosure of your personal data will mean that NeuLion may no longer be able to provide you with services.
Access to Personal Data
You may access the data we maintain about you by submitting a request to privacynoSp@firstname.lastname@example.org If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business, in a commonly used format. You may request to correct any errors in your personal data. We may reject your request to access or correct personal data, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
In order to access your personal data, we will require you to provide proof of your identity. This information will only be used for that purpose.
Portability of Personal Data
Under certain conditions, you may request that we transfer your personal data to another company in the format in which we maintain it in the ordinary course of business. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
Deletion of Personal Data
You may request that we delete your personal data. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, NeuLion may be required by legal, tax or other reasons to retain your personal information in its business records. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
Cookies and Advertising
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our Sites by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies.
We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about Site users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- URLs that refer users to our Sites
- Search terms used to reach our Sites
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Sites (such as IP address, browser type, and operating system information)
- Details about users’ interaction with our Sites (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, and specific pages accessed during the visits)
Some of our business partners that collect information about your activities on our Sites may be members of organizations or programs that provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting your country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly-titled link). Mobile app users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting your choices. Please note that we may also work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
International Data Transfers
We may transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that the European Commission has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information, in which case no additional safeguards are required in order to transfer this information. If we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will either transfer it subject to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules, or with your consent to the transfer, unless we are permitted by law to transfer personal data without such formalities. You may contact us for a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal data.
How We Protect Information
NeuLion maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Despite such efforts, however, please note that no company, including NeuLion, can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain assignment details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the assignment has expired. When we no longer need the personal data we collect, we either anonymize the information (in which case, we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the information.
Attn: Privacy Rights Administrator
1600 Old Country Road
Plainview, NY 11803