Marketing Manager (f/m/d)
Full-time in San Diego, CA and/or Remote
The Marketing Manager has two primary areas of responsibility, content creation and digital marketing. The ideal candidate has a passion for professional video production and broadcast technologies and is experienced at taking technical concepts and converting them into meaningful stories across the various marketing channels.
The content creation aspect focuses on writing, including copy for the website, articles, white papers, case studies, and webinars. This individual is responsible creating high-quality, professional content and messaging that increases the success of MainConcept products and initiatives in the market. As the digital marketing leader, this person owns the company’s social media channels and is the primary person responsible for posting, interacting with, and growing the networks. They own the online program, managing the monthly ad budget and ensuring SEM and SEO continue to deliver results.
This role works closely across marketing, product management, sales, and customer support to synthesize technical product information into a clear, concise external message. The candidate must be a skilled diplomat, able to proactively engage and inspire others in a professional and constructive manner to complete assigned projects. This individual will work as a member of MainConcept’s global marketing team, focused on delivering high quality content that enhances the overall marketing strategy and messaging across all channels, including web, social, and presentations.
- Lead the process and projects related to the creation of outbound marketing materials, including but not limited to website, articles, white papers, case studies, and webinars.
- Lead digital marketing activities including SEM, SEO and social.
- Gather marketing, product, and engineering documentation requirements.
- Align outbound materials with overall marketing and product strategies and campaigns.
- Proactively engage and inspire others in a professional and constructive manner.
- Increase the success of our technology and products through high-quality writing.
- Build and maintain proficiency in key industry technologies, terminology and trends.
- Research industry technologies, standards and trends and apply to projects.
- Occasional travel to industry conferences, trade shows and internal meetings as required (to be evaluated with COVID-19).
- Requirements gathering & creative writing for video production and broadcast technology and products.
- Google Ads and other paid advertising tools (Google Ads certification is a plus).
- Manage social channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in marketing, product management, and sales.
- Creative writing experience (portfolio to review is highly beneficial).
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience editing and finishing videos is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent four-year college degree.
- Interest in professional broadcast video technologies, solutions and applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in content development and digital marketing for professional video and audio technologies and solutions.
- Familiarity with video technologies and standards (FFmpeg, HEVC, AVC, MPEG-2, x264, x.265, etc.)
- Experience working with tier one multinational customers in different time zones.
- Experience working in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Native English speaker with exceptional reading and writing skills.
MainConcept is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please submit your complete application in English along with your salary requirements and availability by email to: email@example.com
By submitting your information, you consent to the storage of data for the purposes of determining your suitability for this and any future positions in the world, for MainConcept GmbH, and its subsidiaries. You agree to have your information stored in their personnel database in the U.S.