For more than a year now, Adobe® Systems Inc. has been successfully using the MainConcept H.264/AVC Video and AAC Audio Decoders in their Adobe® Flash® Player so hundreds of millions of users worldwide are already working with the renowned MainConcept decoding technology through their daily use of the Flash Player.
Now with Rovi's MainConcept Flash® H.264 Codec Package, software developers can easily integrate Flash encoding support directly into their applications. The MainConcept Flash H.264 Codec package allows users to create Flash compliant H.264 video files with AAC audio imbedded in a Flash .f4v container. The resulting file can be played in the Adobe Flash Player, can be streamed from the Adobe Media Streaming Server or can be played back with the MainConcept H.264 decoder.
For Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, the codec package consists of a Low Level API (in the C programming language). Under Windows, it additionally includes DirectShow filters for decoding and encoding. The decoder filter can be used by any DirectShow® application (e.g. Windows® Media Player).
The Codec Package is available as 32-bit as well as 64-bit version for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
With MainConcept Reference H.264/AVC (Pro), the professional transcoder application by MainConcept, Flash is also available for seamless codec conversion from and to various formats. Click here for details.
- Fully compliant with ISO/IEC 14496-10 specification.
- Create Adobe Flash compliant files for the current Adobe Flash player using H.264/AVC video and AAC audio.
- Profile-driven configuration
- Full control over encoding parameters from application level.
- Baseline, Main and High Profile support.
- Optimized for the most efficient CPU usage.
- Various speed improvements for the H.264/AVC Decoder, e.g. C code, MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 optimizations.
- Multicore/SMP/Hyper Threading support.
- AVC/H.264 Video Encoder (Pro)
- AVC/H.264 Video Decoder
- Media File Importer (LL)
- AAC Encoder
- AAC Decoder
- MP4 Muxer
- MP4 Demuxer
- Windows XP or Vista, Windows 7 32-/64-bit
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or higher (Mac/Intel), 32-/64-bit
- Linux 32-/64-bit - Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Please contact your local sales representative if the SDK is also available for your Linux distribution)