H.264/AVC Encoder for Intel® Quick Sync Video
The MainConcept H.264/AVC Encoder for Intel® Quick Sync Video acts as a wrapper that integrates Intel® Media SDK into the MainConcept API providing easy access to dedicated video processing in 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and newer.
MainConcept H.264/AVC Encoder for Intel QSV also provides access to a high-performance software encoder specifically optimized for Intel processor micro-architectures. Through the MainConcept Low Level API and DirectShow filter set, developers can simply add Intel Quick Sync Video functionalities to their applications. Even when running on platforms that lack Intel’s dedicated graphics hardware acceleration features, solutions developed with the MainConcept H.264/AVC Encoder for Intel QSV still gain benefit of optimized, and multi-threaded software-based video encoding, tailoring performance to the system’s capabilities.
Learn how to integrate hardware acceleration into your application, service or environment today!
- Hardware-based encoding compatible with Intel® CPU’s, starting from 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Bit rate control (CBR, VBR, CQP).
- Selectable profiles up to High Profile.
- Selectable levels up to Level 5.1.
- Bit rate support up to Level 5.1 restriction (288 Mbps).
- 4:2:0 chroma sampling
- Strict HRD restrictions compliance.
- Configurable GOP structure (I, P and B frames in different combinations).
- Configurable motion estimation (number of reference frames).
- Adaptive GOP structure.
- Configurable number of slices.
- Configurable RD optimization (fastest speed, best quality, balanced quality and speed).
- Wide range of RGB and YUV input color spaces supported
- Special input pin for the closed caption data receiving (in DirectShow Filter).
- H.264/AVC Encoder Wrapper for Intel QSV
- Intel Media SDK Library
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Linux - Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64-bit)
- Intel Media SDK 2.0 or higher
An SDK within an SDK
MainConcept H.264/AVC QSV Encoder SDK, like Intel Media SDK 2.0, gives developers a streamlined interface for handling otherwise complex coding tasks. Similar to the Intel Media SDK 2.0, the MainConcept SDK uses a dispatcher layer within the API to insulate developers from the complexities of supporting Intel Quick Sync Video technology, and to make use of the well-known MainConcept API.