VC-3 SDK for Avid DNxHD® and Avid DNxHR™
The MainConcept VC-3 SDK for Avid DNxHD and Avid DNxHR is a software-only solution which enables application developers to integrate with production tools like Avid Media Composer and Avid Interplay storage solutions or cameras which store media in either of these formats. Avid DNxHD and DNxHR are based on SMPTE 2019-2006 (VC-3).
DNxHD allows 8-bit and 10-bit depth with 4:2:2 chroma sampling of 1920x1080 and 1280x720 pixels at bitrates up to 220 Mbps. DNxHR extends the range of resolutions up to 4k (3840 x 2160 pixels) with chroma sampling up to 4:4:4 and 12-bit depth. The SDK supports wrapping and unwrapping DNxHD/DNxHR content in and from MXF containers.
Learn how to add video support in your application, service or environment today!
- Full compliance with Avid production tools
- Resolution up to HD (DNxHD) and 4k (DNxHR)
- Profiles for all formats defined by Avid
- Internal frame buffering for accelerated encoding
- MXF multiplexing support
- Full compliance with AVID production tools and professional cameras recording DNxHD/DNxHR media
- Realtime decoding / playback support
- MXF Demultiplexing of DNxHD / DNxHR media
- Elementary Stream
- VC-3 Video Encoder
- VC-3 Video Decoder
- MXF Muxer
- MXF Demuxer
- PCM Audio Encoder
- Windows XP or Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (Mac/Intel), (32-bit/64-bit)
- Linux (32-bit/64-bit) - Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
For Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, the codec package consists of a Low Level API (in the C programming language). Under Windows, it additionally includes DirectShow® filters for decoding and encoding.