AAC Encoder 1.0.6
Plug-in for Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder
MainConcept AAC Encoder is the latest addition to MainConcept’s successful set of Plug-Ins to enrich Adobe products with state-of-the-art codec solutions. It offers professional AAC Encoding within the Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder 2.5 that only comes with Nellymoser or MP3 audio encoding as standard.
Get better quality with AAC
AAC is the emerging future audio standard that might replace existing ones, such as MP3. It is already supported by popular devices such as Apple iPod, Sony PSP, Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, various cell phones etc. Some technical snap-shots:
- AAC and HE-AAC offer a significantly better audio quality while using the same bit rate as other audio codecs, especially for bit rates below 192 kbps.
- AAC may only need a fraction of the bandwidth than MP3 for your field of application (e.g. broadcasting concerts), thus resulting file sizes will be smaller too.
- AAC offers a significantly higher coding as well as compression efficiency and allows you a higher flexibility in usage than MP3.
Most importantly, saving bandwidth and having smaller file sizes means saving money – especially if your business relies on continuous video & audio streaming over scarce resources. Providing better audio quality to your audience and encoding efficiency only add to the advantages of the AAC encoding standard.
AAC was developed to be the successor of MP3. For more technical details on AAC you may refer to comprehensive public documents at Wikipedia.
Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3.0 (FMLE) already includes the MainConcept H.264 Encoder technology to create professional video streams. Now using the AAC Encoder Plug-In, it additionally supports AAC (MPEG-4 AAC & HE Audio), enabling you to directly create and stream Flash compliant F4V or FLV files that include both H.264/AVC video and AAC audio. It is the perfect companion for FMLE, as it enables you to generate Flash compliant streams using these encoders on-the-fly. And your files are always compliant with the latest Flash Player version.
Where to get the base application?
You can find more information about Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder and download information for the product at the following location: www.adobe.com/go/fme
- Fully compliant to ISO/IEC 14496-3 (MPEG-4 AAC) and ISO/IEC 13818-7 (MPEG-2 AAC)
- Encodes PCM audio streams to MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 Low Complexity, HE AAC v1 as SBR, and HE AAC v2 as Parametric Stereo audio streams
- Supports output bit rates from 10 to 320 kbps
- Supports sample rates from 8 to 48 kHz
In order to keep the file size reasonable, the AAC Encoder includes a user guide with low-resolution graphics. However, we are making high-resolution manuals available for free downloading separately below, in zipped Adobe® Acrobat® format.
English (high-res.) manual for the AAC Encoder
To use the AAC Encoder, you'll need to make sure that your computer system meets at least these minimum requirements:
The AAC Encoder plug-in is designed to work on any PC which meets the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 2.5 or higher minimum system requirements (Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista (Business, Ultimate or Enterprise), and Windows Server 2003 (32-bit Web Edition or higher) required). MainConcept AAC Encoder Plug-In requires Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 2.5 or higher (not included – click here for getting more information about the product www.adobe.com/go/fme).
The free demo version of the MainConcept AAC Encoder Plug-In for the Flash Media Live Encoder 3.0 comes with an audio limitation of 30 seconds (required by licensor of the AAC standard) – the encoding process for both audio and video will stop after this period of time.
Before you start to install the new version of the AAC Encoder, please uninstall the current one. Additionally, make sure that no other MainConcept program is running during de-installation or installation.
The AAC Encoder Plug-In v1.0.6 includes the following fixes and improvement:
- Solves synch problems with streaming from Wowza Server to the Apple iPhone/iPod Touch using Osprey cards.