Decoder Pack 8.8 MPEG-2
Professional DirectShow Media Playback
The MainConcept Decoder Pack MPEG-1/2 for Windows® 32-bit and 64-bit platforms provides DirectShow filters for play back of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 compliant streams in the Windows Media Player or any DirectShow supporting application. It allows you to decode the common MPEG-1/2 formats, such as Video CD, Super Video CD, DVD, Blu-ray and various others, including HD, HDV and HDTV in highest quality using the renowned MainConcept audio, video and demuxer filters. The MPEG-1/2 Video Decoder is optimized for Multi-Core PCs and takes advantage of DXVA enabled graphics boards for hardware acceleration. For audio formats, the Decoder Pack MPEG-1/2 supports MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-2.5, LPCM audio streams.
- Blu-ray Disc MPEG-2
- XDCAM HD
- MPEG-2 DVB
- MPEG-2 MicroMV
- MPEG-1/2 DVHS
- MPEG-2 HD DVD
- MPEG-2 HDV HD1 (720p)
- MPEG-2 HDV HD2 (1080i)
- MPEG-2 ATSC
- MPEG D10/IMX
- MPEG-2 ISDBT
Note: If you want to evaluate MainCocept’s Decoder Packs, please download our free player application MainConcept ShowCase. It includes all the decoders in demo mode, adding a watermark to your video stream during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds for some audio decoders.
- Software-only MPEG-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-2) and MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-2) stream decoding.
- High Profile @ High Level decoding – supports all MPEG-2 profiles/levels, excluding scalability extensions.
- Full-resolution, full-quality decoding/playback (high precision arithmetic, IEEE 1180-1190 compliant IDCT, half-pel motion compensation).
- Optimized for Hyper-Threading Technology, dual core and SMP systems.
- Optimized for the most efficient CPU usage – takes advantage of MMX™, SSE™, SSE2™, and 3DNow® extensions when available.
- Software deinterlacing.
- High definition video decoding.
- Optional double precision IDCT.
- ATSC Streams Decoding – supports 18 ATSC formats.
- High performance – supports real-time high resolution video decoding (720x480 @ 30fps for NTSC, 720x576 @ 25fps for PAL and bit rate up to 15 Mbps) on Pentium II 500 MHz with a DirectX compatible video card that supports YUV overlay.
- DXVA 1.0 and 2.0 Hardware Acceleration support.
- Visual quality improving (HQ Upsample).
- Closed Captions decoding.
- MPEG Layer-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-3)
- MPEG Layer-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-3)
- PCM and LPCM Audio (e.g. AES3 382 and AES3 311)
- MPEG-2 Elementary Streams
- MPEG-2 PS/TS
- MPEG-1/2 Video Decoder Filter
- MPEG Audio Decoder Filter
- MPEG Demultiplexer Filter
- MXF Demultiplexer Filter
- MP4 Demultiplexer Filter
- MPEG Push Demultiplexer Filter
- Network Source Filter
In order to keep the file size reasonable, the MainConcept Decoder Packs include a user guide with low-resolution graphics only. However, we make high-resolution manuals available for free download separately below, in zipped Adobe® Acrobat® format.
English manual for MainConcept Decoder Packs
Microsoft® Windows® 7, XP, Vista, 32-bit and Windows Vista, Windows 7 64-bit
(We recommend to install always the current Service Pack for the used operating system) // Microsoft® DirectX 9.0® is required.
If you like to evaluate the decoder filters, we recommend downloading our MainConcept ShowCase software player as 32-bit and 64-bit version. This application includes all decoders we offer as MainConcept Decoder Packs as demo versions. It only adds a watermark to the video during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds for some audio decoders. Download the full version of the MainConcept Decoder Pack MPEG-1/2 just in case you already have purchased a valid serial number.