Decoder Pack 8.8 H.264/AVC Pro
Professional DirectShow Media Playback
The MainConcept Decoder Pack H.264/AVC for Windows® 32-bit and 64-bit platforms is a powerful set of DirectShow filters that enables playback of H.264/AVC (MPEG-4 Part 10) compliant streams in the Windows Media Player or similar media players that support DirectShow. It allows decoding of the common H.264/AVC formats, such as AVCHD, Blu-ray, Sony PSP, Apple iPod and others, including H.264/AVC HDTV in highest quality using the renowned MainConcept audio, video and demuxer filters. The MainConcept Decoder Pack H.264/AVC supports MPEG audio, HE AAC v1 and HE AAC v2 as well as HDMV PCM for AVCHD and Blu-ray compliant streams.
- Blu-ray Disc H.264/AVC
- H.264/AVC DVD
- Sony PSP
- Apple iPod
- H.264/AVC HDTV 720p
- H.264/AVC HDTV 1080i
- H.264/AVC QuickTime compliant
- Adobe Flash compliant F4V streams (H.264/AAC)
- H.264/AVC ISDBT
Note: If you want to evaluate MainCocept’s Decoder Packs, please download our free player application MainConcept ShowCase. It includes all the decoders in demo mode, adding a watermark to your video stream during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds for some audio decoders.
- Fully compliant with ISO/IEC 14496-10 specification.
- Baseline, Main and High Profile support.
- 4:2:0 chroma format support
- Optimized for the most efficient CPU usage.
- Multicore/SMP/Hyper Threading support.
- I, P and B slices.
- Weighted prediction.
- Field pictures.
- Symmetric multiprocessing (optimized for Hyper Threading processors and multi-CPU platforms).
- Color space converting (UYUY, YUY2, YV12, RGB32, RGB24, RGB565, RGB555).
- Chroma upsampling.
- Fields reordering.
- DXVA 1.0 and 2.0 Hardware Acceleration
- MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SS3 optimizations.
- MPEG Layer-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-3)
- MPEG Layer-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-3)
- PCM Audio
- AAC Audio (MPEG-2 (ISO/IEC 13818-7) and MPEG-4 (ISO/IEC 14496-3 including Amd.1:2003 – HE AAC v1 and Amd.2:2004 – HE AAC v2))
- H.264/AVC Elementary Streams
- Program Stream / Transport Stream
- H.264/AVC Professional Video Decoder Filter
- MPEG Audio Decoder Filter
- AAC Decoder Filter
- MPEG Demultiplexer Filter
- MP4 Demultiplexer Filter
- MPEG Push Demultiplexer Filter
- Network Source Filter
In order to keep the file size reasonable, the MainConcept Decoder Packs include a user guide with low-resolution graphics only. However, we make high-resolution manuals available for free download separately below, in zipped Adobe® Acrobat® format.
English manual for MainConcept Decoder Packs
Microsoft® Windows® 7, XP, Vista, 32-bit and Windows Vista, Windows 7 64-bit
(We recommend to install always the current Service Pack for the used operating system) // Microsoft® DirectX 9.0® is required.
If you like to evaluate the decoder filters, we recommend downloading our MainConcept ShowCase software player as 32-bit and 64-bit version. This application includes all decoders we offer as MainConcept Decoder Packs as demo versions. It only adds a watermark to the video during playback and has an audio limitation of 30 seconds for some audio decoders. Download the full version of the MainConcept Decoder Pack H.264/AVC Pro just in case you already have purchased a valid serial number.
Download Decoder Packs FAQs, (pdf-file, 153 KB)